Lovers of psychology know that the theories and Quotes of Sigmund Freud are essential to understand human behavior, and that is that after all, this character is possibly the most famous psychologist in history.
The study of psychosexual theory and psychoanalysis, both created by Freud, are essential in psychology schools around the world, and although they have had many critics, they also have a large following.
Here are some of Freud’s most important quotes on love, life and other topics.
- Freud Quotes of psychology
- Freud’s Quotes about love
- Freud’s thoughts on life
- Sigmund Freud’s Quotes about the unconscious
Freud Quotes of psychology
- The unexpressed emotions never die. They are buried alive and come out later in worse ways.
- Modern science has yet to produce a reassuring medication as effective as a few kind words.
- Each of us has everyone as mortals, except himself.
- We are not always free to make the same mistakes that we laugh at others.
- The more perfect a man appears on the outside, the more demons he has inside.
- The only person you should compare yourself to is the person you were yesterday. That is the person you must overcome and you must look to be better.
- Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you’re not surrounded by idiots.
- The crowds have never known the thirst for truth. They demand illusions, without which they cannot live.
- There are two ways to be happy in this life: one is to become the idiot and the other to be.
- I have been a lucky man in life: nothing was easy for me.
Freud’s Quotes about love
- Love and work are the pillars of our humanity.
- You are very crazy when you are in love.
- The big question that has never been answered and that I have not been able to answer, despite my thirty years of research into the human soul is, what does a woman want?
- We are never as helpless against suffering as when we love.
- Not everything depends on the wishes, but even so, I have decided to try to carry out my wishes.
- Immortality means being loved by many anonymous people.
- A woman should soften but not weaken a man.
- Men are more moral than they think and much more immoral than they can imagine.
- If two individuals always agree on everything, I can assure that one of them thinks for both.
- It is a good exercise to be completely honest with yourself.
Freud’s thoughts on life
- If you want to live, prepare to die.
- The virtuous man is content dreaming what the wicked does in real life.
- The intention that man should be happy is not in the plan of creation.
- Humanity progresses. Today only burn my books; centuries ago they would have burned me.
- Like the physical, the psychic is not necessarily what it appears to be.
- Civilization is constantly threatened by hostility between people.
- There is no starting point if you do not know where to go.
- We enter the world alone and leave it alone.
- From error to error the complete truth is discovered.
- A man who has been the indisputable favorite of his mother maintains throughout his life the feeling of a conqueror.
- Looking back one day, you will find that these years of struggle have been the most beautiful of your life.
- We will all die, but our works will remain.
- No critic is more capable than I of perceiving clearly the disproportion that exists between the problems and the solution that I bring to them.
- From our vulnerabilities come our strengths.
- Whoever thinks of failure has already failed before trying; Who thinks about winning, takes a step forward.
Sigmund Freud’s Quotes about the unconscious
- He who has eyes to see and ears to hear can convince himself that no mortal can keep a secret. If their lips are silent, they chatter with their fingers; betrayal oozes from them through all their pores.
- Since I started studying the unconscious, I found myself very interesting.
- The unconscious of one human being can react to that of another without going through the conscious.
- Dream is the liberation of the spirit from the pressure of external nature, a detachment of the soul from the chains of matter.
- Where does a thought go when it is forgotten?
- Being totally honest with yourself is good exercise.
- Each person has a desire that he does not tell others, and a desire that he does not confess even to himself.
- The voice of the intellect is soft, but it does not rest until it has gained an ear.
Freud and his psychological theories
Although his theories are widely used in psychology and psychiatry, it is striking that Austrian doctor Sigmund Freud had neurology as his specialty, and possibly thanks to his constant study of the human brain, he was able to do research on emotions, human behavior, fear, and even sex.
Both in his theories on psychoanalysis and in psychosexual theory, Freud often relates behavior to the role played by the mother throughout the process of development and growth of the individual. For this reason, there are not a few psychologists and scholars who label Freud as mad and at the same time a genius with controversial ideas.
Crazy or not, modern studies on human behavior are influenced by the theories and thought of Sigmund Freud, which shows that these are valid and that they serve to understand the nature of man, his internal struggles, the role of consciousness, the interpersonal relationships and self-knowledge.
These aspects that we have just mentioned are reflected in the famous quotes from Sigmund Freud that we compile in the list that we brought you in this article and that will be useful if you are a professional or student of psychology, or if you are simply interested in the thinking of the father of psychoanalysis .